Want a website that has tips guiding you to success on your college exams? Well this is it. We provide free advice, ebooks and other resources to help you excel in college. Even more, we add self improvement articles to help your personal development. Your own college advice can also be added, if so desired.


Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Concentration while studying in college


If its one thing I used to be good at , it was procrastinating. I’ve found techniques have helped me lessen this bad habit which I thought Id share with you all. Hopefully it will help you if you suffer the same fate.

My procrastination is usually due to the fact that I fell overwhelmed by just thinking about whatever I’m supposed to do. I’m finding that if I break by activity into splits it up into blocks which last about 15 minutes. So instead of studying a chapter I break it up into small manageable 15 minute section which I then review.

Taking breaks helps sometimes. I may be working for too long and it seems as if my body rebels by procrastinating. Try not to take too many though,as I have learned, you wont accomplish much

Don’t study with music . Doing this will cause you to focus on the words on not the material in front of you. If you feel you must its better to choose music where only instrumentals are being played.

If you know persons who are focused on their schoolwork you can suggest forming a study group. This can help as this can encourage better habits and may force you to become more focused.

Try to study in the same area all the time as whenever you’re there you will automatically think it is time to study and this will help you to get into the frame of mind to study

Ensure that your eat when you need to. It hard studying on an empty belly, there’s not much else you can think of except getting a snack at this point

If your having an emotional problems, set a time to think about that problem, try talking to someone if you think it will help you

Turn your phone off so that you wont be interrupted. Don’t waste time trying to get make into deep concentration after being broken by that call. Set a time for calls.